Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Forever Friends

I know I've been absent for a little bit...but I needed to take some time to work on a couple of things in my life. Nothing huge or life changing so to speak, but things that needed to be prioritized and realigned.

One of the areas on the top of the list is addressing those things that I have a true passion for...things I enjoy doing, that make me happy, and therefore, putting away or diminishing the things and people that were causing issues or negative energy. I'll blog more about that in a later post. But, here I want to express one key, top priority outside of my family...my friendships. With Facebook, I, as have many, have reconnected with people in my life that I had lost touch with over the years and some that I had forgotten. I found myself remembering times of laughter and joy and experiences of fun and adventure. Friends that were with me during those crazy teenage years we all go through that are filled with wonder, angst, confusion, heartbreak, fear, and change. These are friends that you carry with you and no matter what are friends for life!

Luckily I recently had drinks with my closest girlfriends from high school. Six of the greatest ladies on the planet and true friends that will always be a part of my life and hold a special place in my heart. Ladies that we can pick up exactly where we left off, no matter how long its been since we had actually been in the same room together! These are women of strength, poise, grace, humor, professionalism, integrity, faith and commitment. And, the best part, is they have always been that way...they were the best friends a girl could have had in high school and I can't remember a moment when any of them were not by my side. I only hope that they can say the same for me. I value each of them and truly respect them for who they are...

Our get together was so much fun...and even though the last time we were all together in the same room was over 10 years ago, it was as if we had never left each others' side. One of our merry band of "sistas" could not be there physically that night and she was missed, but we promised to make sure we coordinated our schedules to ensure she can be there next time. These ladies are truly remarkable. We will have our 30th High School Reunion this September and I can't wait...we were a very close knit group...I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone, reminiscing, and partying like it's 1983! Friendships that endure the test of time are a treasure and remind us of what life is all about. So, I'm embracing the positive, reconnecting with old friends, making time for the important things, and putting away those people and things that were pushing me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment